Distant Worlds 2 Weekly Photo Contest on the Fleetcomm HQ Discord server
One contest per week, related to current WP (numbered in channel name). How does it works:
1) Photo submissions in a dedicated #wp-photo-contest channel: from Sunday 12:00 UTC to Friday 20:00 UTC
2) Community voting: from Friday 20:00 UTC to Sunday 12:00 UTC
3) Winners selection: from Sunday 12:00 UTC
* @DW2 Photo Team will choose their favorites 3 photos based on their photographic quality, subject, technique and WOW factor.
* In addition the most upvoted submission will be selected additionally Among those 4, a winner will be picked, and will be gifted a prize (Frontier Store goodies)
The 4 final contenders will be featured in the weekly newsletter. All the weekly submissions will be gathered and constitute each Waypoint's album on Imgur (linked here).
Rules and technical restrictions
* Maximum 2 submissions per CMDR per week. Any extra will likely be removed.
* PNG or JPG only (no BMP!).
* The photo must be under 5 MB so that it can be embedded into the channel and be visible without having to be opened separately.
* Max 4K resolution.
* The file quality must be decent. Crappy Steam JPGs will not be kept. If you use Steam, go in your Settings and tick "Save an uncompressed copy": it will save a PNG version, use that one.
* Light editing is allowed (contrast, colour balance, cropping, saturation); EDFX too as long as it's not extreme.
@DW2 Photo Team will use a [refused] icon to indicate that the posted photo breaks one of the rules (in general, description doesn't contains CMDR name and/or location). We will not enforce a file naming system, however, if you omit your CMDR name from the file, you will not be credited in the Imgur album.
All in one post : drag'n'drop, write info, send. Text must NOT be posted as a separate message.
Location: yyyy (System at least)
Picture. Please include CMDR_name and wp# in file name, it helps a lot!